Diet Friendly Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cup Splenda or stevia
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 box fat free, sugar free vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups skim milk
- Fat free whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325
- Prepare pudding and refrigerate.
- Cut strawberries into quarter pieces and store in container. Add a couple tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of Splenda to berries.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, Splenda, and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts to egg whites. Beat until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg whites until completely blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 9″ tube pan and bake for one hour.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then invert to remove your cake from the pan.
- Slice your cake and dress with the vanilla pudding, then top with your berries and a squirt of fat free whipped cream.
Enjoy your fat free dessert without the guilt.
*The sugar from the berries is minimal.
xoxo Dianna – aka – ‘ Sweet D ‘